11/7/09

Why did I have to go?

Why is it that I have
To go?
Far away from everybody
Soon I will be.
Traveling on the winds
That blow on this great
Good Earth.
I scatter to the four
Winds of the Earth trying to get
A glimpse of you.
I ride the wind that
Blows through your hair,
So I could feel what it is
Like to touch your hair.
But do you know that it was I
Who touches your skin and hair
When the winds blows?
I try to whisper to you to tell you
That it is not your fault for me dying
Thatt day, when we had that very big
Argument.
I left your house driving as fast as
A nascar driver down those winding
Roads.
Its my fault for that I should have watched
The road instead of looking back and I
Never saw the curve that was there and the guard rail
That was never replaced,
So I flew over the curve and over the cliff I went.
I love you and I want to let you know that there is
A new life that is growing inside of your belly.
In time you will find somebody new to help take care
Of our child.
So I return to the four
Corners of the Earth watching,
Waiting, and looking for the next
Time that I get to see a glimpse of
You.
I hear you screaming my name
Out to the wind.
Crying and asking,
Why did I have to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment