11/7/09

A single blinding white

Rose blooms with thunderous
Silence,
Out in the middle of a dark gloomy
Graveyard that is surrounded by a dark
Midnight forest.

As I stumble upon the rose like a
Drunk stumbling into a tavern.
I fall down on my behind to look
More closely at the fragile rose,
And I wonder how such beauty
Could have ever grown in such a
Place.

As I pick up the rose and hold
The rose as if I was lifting a
Child.

The smell of the sweet intoxicated smell
Captivates me.
I finally realized that it was meant
For me to find this rose.

I start to think about the woman that I was
Going to marry, she died a few weeks before
I could ask her to marry me.
She was pure that it would have blinded you
With radiant white light.

I was there by her side just before she died.
I was going to ask her right then but, before
I could get the courage to ask her she died.

Ever since we laid her to rest
I have been coming to this dark gloomy
Graveyard, but all of the times that I have
Been coming to this graveyard,
Tonight is the first night that I have ever found
A single white rose blooming on top of her grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment