11/10/09

Veterans Day


Its not only a national holiday where the banks are closed and the kids are out of school.  Its a day of rememberance for those that have made the ultimate sacriface for our freedom.  Never forget those that have made that sacriface and those that are fighting for our freedom today across seas with this war on Terrorism.  I have had a lot of people in my family that has served with the military and I am glad that they did.  My Grandfather Hassell O'Bryant served in World War II in the US Army Air Corp. (US Air Force was created after WW2) He served in Italy and Austria in 1944 and 1945. He was a corporal in a reconnasence unit. He helped develop photos that pilots took of target areas.  So basically my grandfather was a photographer. I guess that I get it honested because I love taking pictures.  The old timey picture is my grandfather standing in front of the barn that he and my Uncle Sid built it before pawpaw went off to war.  So today or any day, if you see or know anybody that is currently serving or has served in our military or be sure to thank them for their job well done, remember those that paid the ultimate sacriface, and pray for those that are overseas fighting for our freedom.



No comments:

Post a Comment