9/21/09

Standing on the edge of the Mountain Cliff

Standing on the edge of the mountain cliff
Overseeing the valley and the town that resides in
The valley.
I stand there with only the clothes
I have on my back.
I stand there with a tunic and with a cape
That is flapping in the wind with
A broad sword in its sheath by my side.
Down in the valley where the town resides
There is a lady whose hair is a flame strawberry blonde
And whose eyes are made of emeralds,
Her smile radiates with warmth and laughter.
She knows that the sole protector of the land is standing there
Upon the edge of the mountain cliff,
She feels him watching her as she moves about the town
Doing her errands making sure that everything is in order
Because she knows the time is at hand for him
To return to town for supplies and other things,
She wonders if she is going to be able to see him when he comes.
She is not able to sleep that night because she knows that he is coming
At first light before anybody else is up in town.
At that exact time I am wondering if I will be able to see the
Girl of my dreams while I am getting supplies,
But I wonder if she loves me for who I am and not for
The protector side of me.
As I get up
I wash my coffee brown hair,
Dirty brown eyes are bloodshot due
To the heavy drinking I did the night before.
I put on my best forest green tunic with the matching cape.
I think to myself and wonder if she will notice me now or not,
But I do not want to get my hopes up.
Sun rises in the east,
Rising above the valley and the cliff,
The sun casts a beam of sunlight down upon me
As I find my down the mountain side to the valley,
I think to myself that I hope that I run into the girl of my dreams.
I come into the west side of the town where there is
Hardly any people there and I see her standing there
Waiting for me to come into town, so that she can see
Me.
I notice her moving towards me,
I also see that there is another person in the shadows,
Because I see the sword that has been unsheathed,
So I tell my dream girl to get behind me for that I will
Protect her from harm.
I take out my broadsword and start to fight the attacker.
The fight is over within minutes,
I have a bad gash in my left side of my body,
But the attacker is impaled by my sword through
His heart.
My dream girl rushes to my side and starts tearing off pieces
Of cloth to help stop the massive bleeding from my wound,
I slip unconscious.
Several days later,
I awoke in a strange surrounding.
I saw that my dream girl had dressed my wounds,
And that I was healing up very good.
When we looked into each others eyes
It was love at first sight.
We knew our relationship was going to be
A fairytale come true,
But what we did not know is that it
Was going to be a very bumpy ride for a while.
The day finally comes when all of my wounds are healed.
So I set out with my supplies on my back heading back to my home
On the cliff,
Until I hear somebody coming up behind me,
I turn and look and I see my dream girl with her bags packed
Coming up telling me to wait for her.
We walk into the sun as it rises in the east
For that we know that our perfect life will
Begin soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment